PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the materials manager, the shipping coordinator is to review and monitor customer requirements, ASNs and shipment status as well as create ASN’s and documentation for shipments departing the facility. The shipping coordinator is to also monitor customer system for change in shipping windows and hourly demand.
RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY:
- Follows and supports LMV Automotive Systems’ and Magna’s operating principles, including:
- Magna Employee Charter — Operating under its principles by treating all associates equally, fairly and with dignity and respect.
- Open Door Policy — Solves issues with two-way, open and friendly communication.
- 5S — Maintains and promotes good housekeeping by following the philosophy “Everything has a place. Everything in its place”.
- Safety First – Obey the plant’s safety rules and procedures by wearing PPE at all times and immediately addressing all safety concerns. Promotes an environment where zero injuries is the expected standard.
- Company quality and environmental policies.
- Core values — Treat all employees equally, fairly, with dignity and respect without favoritism in accordance with company values.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITIONS:
- Perform daily lot check for trailer inventory.
- Analyzes customer requirements and shipping windows to leveled workforce as required.
- Generate ASNs in the system for every shipment departing from the plant with Finished Goods and verify these are received in the customer portal on time as required.
- Review and respond to all customer calls in the system and as well by phone to provide status on shipments, trucks located at the plant, ASN status and any other information required by the customer.
- Maintain documentation control for all the shipments departing from the plant as well as for all the products coming back to the plant as returnable packaging, reject materials, etc.
- Monitor Finished Good Inventory levels and report any shortage against Customer Shipping Schedule to Shipping Area Leader.
- Monitor Finished Good Racks levels and report any shortage against Production Requirements to Shipping Area Leader.
- Perform Inventory Cycle Counts, report any inventory discrepancy and report to Area Leader.
- Reprint barcode labels as required.
- Monitor FIFO in the system.
- Record all shipments in EOS/Delivery Performance log.
- Report or communicate any trailer issues to the carrier.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, excellent at managing data at a detail level
- Business acumen and ability to exercise sound judgment in the course of executing daily responsibilities
- Creative thinker, able to define, implement and/or lead process improvement activity
- Able to address and resolve ambiguity; prioritize, multi-task and work independently
EQUIPMENT / TOOLS USED:
Some of the equipment and tools used are computer, telephone, fax machine, copier/printer, and a projector.
Be familiar with:
- DDL Ford System
- GM SupplyPower
- CMS System
High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience required
- Automotive Experience
- Experience with FIFO/inventory control
Environmental, Health & Safety:
- Support and comply with all TS16949 & IS014001 procedures and work instructions.
- Support a safe and healthful work environment that is free of recognized hazards for all employees, contractors and visitors.
- Cooperate with all local, state and federal agencies, such as OSHA or the EPA, in the event of an inspection.
- Know and follow all applicable EH&S Policies and Procedures.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That’s why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.