For the past 57 years Florence Cement has been a leader in building and repairing public and private roads. Our customers can rely on us to provide a complete roadway or site package including excavation, utility work, concrete, and asphalt paving. Throughout the years, we have continued to work in the metropolitan Detroit area and have kept a good relationship with the Michigan Department of Transportation, local communities, consulting engineers and private developers. We are proud to be a second-generation owned family business. Please complete your application in person or on our website, www.florencecement.com. Florence Cement Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Review project plans, requirements and specifications.
- Understanding of project budgets and cost controls.
- Evaluate project logistics and project schedule.
- Determine labor and equipment costs.
- Compare and analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier pricing.
- Assess project site conditions and restrictions.
- Establishing and maintaining customer relationships.
- Prepare bid packages.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management with at least 3 years’ experience in the construction field. Equivalent experience may also be considered.
- Ability to manage multiple bids concurrently.
- Experience working on projects for MDOT, or various government agencies.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Strong organizational skills and follow up.
- Experience with HCSS Heavy Bid, HCSS Heavy Job, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Office.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and pass drug test.
Benefits / Compensation
- Competitive Salary start at $50,000/year
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Opportunity to participate in our 401(k) Plan
- 3% 401(k) Contribution by Company
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Cell Phone
- Vehicle Allowance and Gas Card
- Discretionary Bonus dependent on Company and Individual Performance