Six Companies, One Vision…
As a Gold Level Veteran Friendly Employer, Prestige Group has supported the transportation industry since 1998. We have placed thousands of employees, created hundreds of future vehicles, and developed multiple US Military Veteran employment initiatives. From original concept to creation, Prestige Engineering specializes in Product Development and staffing services. Join our team where employees are at the heart of everything we do.
The Quality Supervisor is an integral part of a company whose focus is to change the automotive landscape. The Supervisor will be responsible for supervising a group of UAW-represented employees. He/She will be responsible for ensuring that process controls are in place to meet all corporate standards and for preventing the outflow of defects from the process. The Quality Supervisor is responsible for creating, implementing, and sustaining vehicle control plans to prevent the outflow of defects to the customer. The Quality Supervisor must be a creative problem solver, proactive, and steadfast in the identification and resolution of vehicle quality issues. The selected individual will have outstanding teamwork, interpersonal, and communication skills. Moreover, this person must have unquestioned integrity. The candidate must have a proven track record for developing and executing standardization. The Quality Supervisor should have proven experience in both supplier and quality areas. The candidate will have a broad knowledge of the entire automotive, engineering, manufacturing, testing, and quality landscape. The successful candidate must possess outstanding teamwork, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Include but not limited to:
- Manage day-to-day quality control and quality inspection activities to the assigned area(s)
- Will be required to directly supervise hourly and or SBU.
- Daily auditing across all shifts to hold Team Members and Team Leaders accountable up to and including issuing discipline as required.
- Empowered through independent judgment to commence or cease production operations based on quality safety and/or regulatory requirements.
- Direct the workforce to follow government regulations and all applicable Quality standards.
- Identify the need for process improvements/procedures required.
- Document conditions found and identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Communicate results to quality and plant management.
- Plan, prioritize, set goals, and manage multiple projects in a technical and business environment.
- Strong communication skills to lead and support meetings at all levels of the company, including Sr. leadership.
- Provide expert technical leadership & direct cross-functional teams in the application of quality initiatives.
- Exhibit a willingness to do things differently and consistently translate ideas into actions that deliver results.
- Take over from the PPR process after J1 (drive closure of open J1 issues and ensure plants comply with standards).
- Develop and enhance PPR & Audit checklists over time.
- Perform process audits based on internal and external quality indicators, leveraging standard checklist questions- audit the entire system a minimum of three times per year.
- Review critical processes and stations daily per VOC.
- Report monthly process conformity scorecard for the Plant.
- Review and Decision process standard deviations related to Quality/Standards.
- Monitor all new or enhanced regulatory and corporate requirements and update process checklist and lead implementation.
- Assist in root cause, containment, and corrective actions for all quality-related issues.
- Achieve timely completion of containment corrective actions (Performance action notices) Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts and utilize problem-solving tools in day-to-day operations to drive issue resolution.
- Provide technical liaison support between Engineering, Quality, Production, and Product Design departments.
- Embrace and execute standardization of best practices that ensure quality products.
- Document all non-conformance conditions found and identify and execute opportunities for process improvement.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of vehicle audit items.
- Supervise all major aspects of vehicle inspection and analyze data for comparison to daily vehicle audits.
- Supervise the auditing of new production vehicles to validate quality or identify quality concerns.
- Training and coaching of salary and bargaining unit employees, both direct and indirect.
- Creates, implements, and sustains vehicle control plans to prevent the outflow of defects to customers.
- Recommends and implements simple cost-effective error/mistake-proofing strategies.
- Work with Engineering and Suppliers to resolve issues that are not planted controllable.
- Support manufacturing facilities with launch readiness assessments and implementation methodology for compliance with requirements
- Serve as liaison between plants and engineering. Conduct training (development, implementation) for plant personnel on quality requirements.
- Recommend and implement new initiatives to improve plant processes.
- Analyze quality data from internal and external indicators to ensure calibration.
- Must be able to work any shift!
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrated planning/problem-solving skills
- Ability to work a flexible shift schedule
- Experience and working knowledge of computer systems and software with strong knowledge of MS Office or Google Office
- Ability to analyze, synthesize, and translate data into visual charts/graphs, etc.
- Flexibility to work on a rotating crew/shift schedule
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to be flexible to carry out tasks ‘outside’ of normal roles and responsibilities
- Manufacturing/ Assembly Plant experience
- Two (2) years of quality-related experience
- Lead Auditor Certifications and Practical experience
- Supervisory experience of hourly personnel
- Basic Knowledge of Statistics
- Previous Leadership experience is a plus
- Engineering degree or equivalent
100% onsite position
Prestige Engineering offers all full-time employees a competitive benefits package that includes:
*Medical Insurance *Dental Insurance *Vision Insurance *Paid Holidays *Paid Vacations *401K plans *Tuition Reimbursement *Company-paid Life insurance *Voluntary Short & Long Term Disability Insurance *Flexible Spending Accounts
Prestige Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic prostate or local laws.
How to apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org