The Material Area Supervisor is responsible for leading hourly teams that unload, store, and deliver material to support production in an automotive manufacturing assembly plant.
Include but not limited to:
- Lead the safety, delivery, cost, quality, and morale of hourly work teams.
- Develop team leaders to meet corporate guidelines and transform existing material delivery processes to increase productivity and reduce manufacturing costs utilizing the World Class Manufacturing process.
- Ensure inventory and record integrity and maintain a positive working relationship with both management and union-represented employee.
- Manage multiple work teams in a fast-paced, high-volume unionized manufacturing environment.
- Responsible for coordinating daily team activities to achieve business metrics and implementing World Class Manufacturing (WCM) tools and processes as they related to material flow.
- Required to oversee and develop highly functioning work teams, comprised of Team Leaders and Team Members and proactive Leadership Principles.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment and machinery.
- Strong math skills and problem-solving ability.
- Better than average understanding of Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work well with a team while also working independently.
- Detail-oriented and strong ability to organize and prioritize.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Great team player, hard worker, and self-starter with a good work ethic.
- Previous experience working with the automotive industry in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with a logistics warehouse environment
- Previous management experience
Prestige Engineering offers all full-time employees a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
*Medical Insurance *Dental Insurance *Vision Insurance *Paid Holidays *Paid Vacations *401K plans *Tuition Reimbursement *Company-paid Life insurance *Voluntary Short & Long Term Disability Insurance *Flexible Spending Accounts
How to apply: Please send a resume to email@example.com