PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. Recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods, and controls. Coordinates the manufacturing launch for new products.
RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY:
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new and/or revised products including establishing goals, managing capital budgets, developing manufacturing processes, equipment design, training new team members and evaluating results.
- Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of facility including manufacturing processes and related equipment.
- Designs and/or procures tools, machinery, and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods, confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arranges for purchase of machinery and equipment according to specifications and quality standards.
- Evaluates and resolves production and equipment problems.
- Confers with management, engineering, production and quality staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, product design and tooling, production schedules, and other considerations to ensure operator safety, efficient production methods and quality results.
- Develops and maintains process documentation including PFMEAs.
- Applies statistical methods and performs product/processes analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Initiates, recommends, or provides solutions through designated channels.
- Identifies and records any problems relating to the product, process, and quality systems
- Initiates action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to the product, process, and system.
- Perform change assessment to determine feasibility of implementation
- Complete planning, developing, and executing change initiatives
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiencies.
- Assist across the organization with functions related to manufacturing and production.
- Review product designs for manufacturability or completeness
- Design, install, or troubleshoot manufacturing equipment
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
- Bachelor’s Degree in manufacturing engineering or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of engineering experience in an automotive manufacturing environment.
- Ability to prepare, read, write, and interpret written reports, procedures, instructions, and guidelines.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot equipment, processes, etc.
- Ability to appreciate and maintain proper level of confidentiality, using discretion and tact.
Some of the physical demands of this position include sitting for prolonged periods of time, walking up and down staircases, occasional lifting, and occasional stooping and bending. Ability to work flexible hours in a fast-paced environment in order to meet customer requirements.
- Strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot manufacturing process and equipment issues.
- Working knowledge of kaizen and/or lean manufacturing techniques.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
AREAS OF TRAINING REQUIRED:
- New Hire Training
- Safety Training
- Employee Charter Training