Job Code: 127122672
MB Aerospace is an international group providing complex engineering solutions to some of the key names in the Aerospace and Defense market. Operating from sites close to our key customers in North America, Asia, and Europe, the MB Aerospace group provides advanced technological solutions to the Aerospace and Defense industry, leveraging an in-depth knowledge of fabrications, machining, and the global supply chain to support complex aero-engine component manufacture and repair.
The Controller is tasked to build a high-performance financial management function to support the execution of continued profitable growth. The Controller will have primary day-to-day “hands-on” responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial and operational reporting across the business. This includes direct responsibility for accounting, FP&A, treasury, tax, and insurance. This role will also provide leadership for financial and operational management systems and process improvements. The Controller is expected to maintain strong systems and controls to safeguard company assets and ensure corporate policies are being followed.
As a key member of the executive management team, the Controller will serve as a financial advisor and partner to General Manager and senior leadership team, providing analytical support, reporting, and financial acumen to help guide the company’s management and strategic initiatives. The Controller is expected to be a positive impact across the company and enhance the company’s culture internally as well with customers, suppliers, and key third parties.
This position sits in our Warren, MI facility and will report to the VP of Finance in CT.
• Leads the company-wide development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, financial strategy, linked metrics, and procedures regarding financial and operational management including budgeting and accounting
• Ensure the ongoing review and preparation of budgets, forecasts, and cash flows, in addition to preparation/analysis of daily/weekly/monthly reports of key financial and operational metric trends
• Ensure such information is presented to the business in a timely and effective manner, highlighting at an early stage any concerns or issues that may adversely affect the financial performance of the business.
• Provide strong cash flow, working capital, and inventory management skills. Initiates and optimizes appropriate strategies to enhance cash flow and working capital positions
• Provide management team with business forecasts that convey timely insights as to prospective profit impacts of changes in selling prices/volumes, and develop and manage processes and systems to provide the management team with timely financial and operational information regarding company performance
• Financial modeling and performance analysis. Advise on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions promptly. Identification and implementation of company profit improvement opportunities
• Regularly review and implement corporate governance procedures, risk management, and internal controls
• Support and liaise with external audit and tax advisers to ensure to financial integrity and probity of the business. Produce requisite data and information for the successful preparation of audited financial statements and tax returns
• Review, update and maintain the costing system and other management information systems used by the Finance department. Report on variances between actual and standard and initiate improvements where necessary
• Ensure compliance with all financial regulations, policies & procedures. Timely production of accurate and up-to-date internal and statutory financial reports. Implementation and effective maintenance of appropriate systems and controls that guarantee the integrity of any data produced. Lead and initiate liaison with MBA Group Finance
• Establishes credibility throughout the organization as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges, and ability to build solid working relationships across the organization including with management, Board, workforce, customers, suppliers, and key third parties
• Ensures adherence to applicable MB Aerospace internal, federal, state, and local laws and regulations related to compliance and takes responsibility to ensure ongoing conformity with such rules and regulations
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field required and 8+ years’ experience preferably in a Manufacturing and commercial operations
• Experience developing a high-performing financial planning and analysis (FP&A) function is required
• Experience managing treasury functions including cash flow and working capital forecasting and liquidity planning is required
• Must be able to work as a business partner across all functions of an organization
• Excellent accounting software user and administration skills. (Syteline and Excel are desired). Providing improvements and upgrades of ERP systems
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks with tight deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
• Ability to use technology effectively and efficiently to manage workload
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and ability to create documents, reports, and briefing materials in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the USA.
MB Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MB Aerospace is a subcontractor to the United States Government and provides defense services involving technical data and products governed by the Arms Export Control Act and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 22 C.F.R. parts 120 – 130 and the Export Administration Act and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), 15 C.F.R. parts 730 – 774 (“Export Laws”). All candidates are subject to review and governance under such Export Laws and any offer of employment may be subject to additional considerations and/or conditions.
How to apply: https://jobsusa.mbaerospace.com/