What you’ll do…
Joining H&R Block as a seasonal Tax Preparer Assistant means you’ll help serve clients with diverse tax needs. While you’re here, we’ll help you advance with the knowledge and skills you’ll need to excel with us.
H&R Block is the industry’s largest consumer tax services provider¹ and we have been focused on client service for over 60 years. When you join our team, you’ll find that we’re here to live our purpose—to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere.
Day to day, you’ll…
• Begin the tax return by entering client and W-2 information into the tax program
• Assist with the closing of the interview by assembling the tax return, obtaining required signatures, reviewing the finished product with the client, and completing bookkeeping procedures
• Ensure all H&R Block clients are receiving superior service
What you’ll bring to the team…
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Reading and math skills required to begin and finish the tax return interview
• Ability to communicate effectively in person and on the phone
• Previous experience with Windows-based computer programs
• Additional state and local requirements may apply
• Additional course work in math, accounting, or finance is preferred
Bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply!
Perks of the job…
Being here has its benefits. Our benefit offerings can help you plan for the health, well-being and financial wellness needs for you and your family. At Block, seasonal associate benefits include:
• Medical coverage
• Retirement savings plans
• Tax prep benefit
• Other perks like flexible options that meet your life, collaborative teams and much more!
Qualifying associates can enroll themselves and/or their eligible dependents in medical and prescription drug coverage; can participate in the H&R Block Retirement Savings Plan (401(k) Plan), the Employee Assistance Program, (virtual) fitness center programs, and the associate discount program; are automatically enrolled in Business Travel Accident Insurance; and receive Associate Tax Prep benefit.
About H&R Block…
H&R Block’s purpose is simple: To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We’ve been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we’ve grown to have approximately 12,000 offices throughout the United States and around the world.
We are a people company first and a tax company second. People who join H&R Block say it feels like being part of something bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history, but with a strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it’s how determined, forward thinking and innovative we are, or how accessible our leadership is. We believe it’s all those things, and much more.
H&R Block is committed to diversity and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. All qualified applicants are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
¹Based on annual revenues for sales of tax preparation products and services.
How to Apply