Fisher Dynamics is the automotive industry’s premier supplier of safety–critical seat structures and mechanisms. Steeped in a tradition of excellence, and rooted in automotive innovation, the Fisher story is filled with automotive manufacturing milestones. We bring design, engineering, and manufacturing vehicle seating systems to a new level with innovative thinking. We are about cutting-edge ideas. We have created an environment that encourages an uninterrupted flow of revolutionary concepts and unique ideas.
We are currently seeking a motivated Shipping & Receiving Leader/Warehouse for our St. Clair Shores, Michigan location. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a group of Shipping/Receiving employees to support the material handling activities in the company and organizing material to ensure on-time delivery to the various internal locations while working within a structured formal team.
This is a 2nd shift position – 2 pm-10:30 pm
Hourly Pay: $20.98 ($22.03 @ 6 months) + $0.50 Shift Differential
Location: 6500 14 Mile Road, Warren, MI
Have we piqued your interest?
- Lead a group of employees and oversee work activities and engage in various forms of communication and judgment
- This is a working leader position
- Operate a hi-lo to load and unload trucks
- Operate a hi-lo to rotate stock for purposes of ensuring proper lot rotation and usage
- Scan and verify shipments incoming and outgoing to manifest
- Ensure containers are properly labeled
- Planning, organizing, and prioritizing activities to meet material handling requirements and deadlines
- Perform basic housekeeping to keep the area clean and safe
- Various other duties as required by the department
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5 years of experience is required
- Ability to lead a group of employees in support of the production activities
- Ability to maintain adherence to established procedures and guidelines
- Operate a Hi-Lo and industrial scale
- Ability to judge distances, and speed of moving objects, and the ability to lift and move stacked pallets and containers efficiently
- Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking ability
- Knowledge of IATF16949 quality standards and ISO14001
- Problem-solving skills sufficient to address both routine and non-routine problems
- Communication skills to interact with employees, customers, and suppliers in a professional manner Computer literacy skills include the ability to perform basic data entry, scanning and to operate visual ‘touch screen display panels
- Math skills sufficient to perform department-related tasks are required
- Ability to work effectively with people
LICENSURE: Hi-Lo License
SAFETY: Safety glasses are required – Additional Other safety equipment is required
- The working environment and physical requirements of this position are those typical of a manufacturing environment and Shipping Dock.
- Exposure to weather when unloading trucks and transporting material outdoors and between plants
- The working environment and physical requirements of this position are those typical of a manufacturing environment and Shipping.
- Very frequent visual effort and concentration, and extensive driving of a Hi-Lo
- The ability to lift 40 pounds is required
- Regular sitting, standing, moving about, and involves a variety of physical activities are required
If you are interested in a growth-oriented culture and great people, we want to hear from you!