We are currently seeking a Weld Technician II for our St. Clair Shores, Michigan location. The successful candidate will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of weld cell equipment to provide efficient and quality welding applications.
This is a 1st or 3rd shift position.
Hourly Pay: $32.50 ($33.15 @ 6 months) + Shift Differential on 3rd Shift
Have we piqued your interest?
- Coordinate processes/procedures as it relates to welding for new product launches and current production
- Perform preventive maintenance and troubleshoot automated welding cells and equipment
- Set up robotic and resistance weld operations and Poke-yoke apparatus
- Fixture modification and adjustments
- Operate and program robotic weld cells
- Assist in the training of operators on all weld cell operations
- Responsible for verifying and documenting changes to process parameters
- Assist Welding Engineers as needed
- Read electrical schematics and other documents to assist in diagnosing and repairing machinery and equipment
- Troubleshoot machinery and equipment
- Identifies and eliminates sources of downtime and extraneous variation through root cause analysis and implementation of corrective measures with Engineering Teams
- Various other duties as required by the department
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Formal training leading to journeyman status in Machine Repair and/or equivalent on-the-job experience
- Robotic troubleshooting and programming – Fanuc and Motoman
- Welding proficiency – knowledge of multiple welding processes including laser welding, gas metal arc welding, and resistance welding – including the ability to manually weld and pass the welding certification requirements
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and maintaining welding equipment to include Lincoln Electric, Miller, Entron, HighYag RLSK, IPG, and Precitec
- Knowledge of IATF16949
- Knowledge of cutting, forming, turning, milling, grinding, tool sharpening, SPS (statistical process control) charting, calculating speeds and feeds, machine setup, blueprint reading, electrical schematic reading
- Must know about mechanical, pneumatic, electrical, and hydraulic systems sufficient to diagnose and repair machines
- Must be able to operate basic metrology equipment, grease guns, grinders, drill presses, punch presses, hand tools, and equipment related to the maintenance and repair of equipment and machines
- Communication skills to communicate and interact with all levels of employees
- Computer skills and math skills sufficient to perform department-related tasks are required
LICENSURE: Valid Driver’s License
SAFETY: Safety glasses and hearing protection required -additional safety equipment as required
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The working environment and physical requirements of this position are those typical of an office setting and manufacturing environment.
- The job requires very frequent visual effort and concentration, and the ability to move in and around equipment and machinery throughout the plant(s), including second-story areas This may include climbing on, in, and around locked-out machinery and equipment.
- The ability to identify colors for purposes of executing machine and equipment repairs is required
- The ability to lift 40 pounds is required.