Job Code: 107259193
Role and Responsibilities
• Prepare and operate manual machines to perform tasks e.g., thread grind, OD grind, lap, and shape.
• Change cutting tools and set machine(s) to the proper size.
• Prepare, load, and set up materials onto machines.
• Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean, orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures.
• Assemble and machine parts, gages, and material to tolerances as specified on the blueprint/drawing.
• Properly measure machined parts and gages to ensure the part/gage is within tolerance.
• Ability to manage multiple machines at once preferred.
• The candidate will be trained in any knowledge area/responsibility out of their expertise.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
High School Diploma/GED or higher
Completion of vocational training and/or apprenticeship will be an asset
Knowledge of various manual grinding machines: Thread Grinder, OD Grinder, Mill, Lathe
Knowledge of the properties of metals and other materials i.e coating and hardness treatment
Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and machine manuals
Ability to use precision tools (e.g., calipers, micrometers, bore gages)
Ability to work in a team